Sunday, March 7, 2010

Jason Mraz Stands Up for LGBT Equality

Singer and songwriter Jason Mraz is standing up for LGBT people and wants to be proactive in the community. In a recent trip to the San Diego LGBT Center he says:

"I came down here to learn more about how I can get involved in the fight for equality. Not just marriage equality, but equality for all. And why it's important to me is that it affects my life. Many of my friends, management, staff, even one of my close, personal friends, my transgender surfing buddy ... I have been so inspired by the life that they live and the committed relationships that they have. Most of them have had longer, more committed relationships than I have had, yet don't get the same rights as I do, don't get to plan and protect each other in the bond that marriage offers, and to feel protected in society. So I'm down here to learn and hopefully you are here to learn and are joining me in the fight" (Advocate).
Thank Jason Mraz for standing up for LGBT equality via Twitter.

*Photo courtesy of Macinate on Flickr.

4 comments:

Bee said...

This makes me so happy!

Unknown said...

Have to love this guy!

THERishouldbeAPY said...

He is so awesome!!! Great guy!! Funny; I used to confuse him with John Mayer, ugh!!!

Andy said...

Another reason to love the guy:)

Post a Comment