Today is Texas Virtual Lobby Day and it is an opportunity to send email to your legislative representatives. The following is a list of bills provided by Planet Transgender that you can and should bring up in your conversations.
- Non-Discrimination: HB 197 Relating to the prohibition of employment discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation or gender identity or expression By Rep. Roberto Alonzo and
- HB 538 by Rep. Mike Villarreal, because putting an end to discrimination in a state that values hard work and individual effort is simply the right thing.
- Safe Schools for All Students - HB 1323 by Rep. Mark Strama, because Texas should provide a safe learning environment for all students.
- Hate Crimes Act Enforcement - HB 616 by Rep. Marc Veasey, because it is time to look at the James Byrd, Jr. Hate Crimes Act.
- Hospital Visitation & Medical Decision Making - HB 353 by Rep. Eddie Rodriguez and HB 1455 by Rep. Donna Howard.
- Competitive Insurance Benefits - HB 861 by Rep. Elliott Naishtat.