Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Meghan McCain - Republican Advocate for Same-Sex Marriage!

Meghan McCain the daughter of failed presidential candidate John McCain has been making the airwaves lately for her liberal stance on social issues, like her support for gay marriage. It all started with her post on the Daily Beast which sparked the now media frenzy. A self proscribed "progressive republican" Ms. McCain hopes that the republican party can stop alienating people and come to the center on issues she describes as being a "generational divide".



Contact Meghan McCain and thank her for standing up for change, and speaking out in favor of equality for the lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender community. While her words are simply words alone, they offer a great voice for the often silenced segment of the republican party of youth and those who support equality.

8 comments:

elaygee said...

Without a great chnage in attitude to reflect the new generations coming up like Meghan McCain, the Republican Party is going to go the way of the Whigs.

Phillip Minton said...

LOL. Whigs.

I agree. They have GOT to rebrand themselves, because right now, they're perceived as immovable, behind-the-times, stubborn old folks. (Kind of like CBS was before CSI).

If they don't heed the message that Meghan is giving (along with other young Republicans), they'll be simply be history, not creating it.

Muy Mona said...

In one way it's sad that a republican supports equality more than our current president does, but in another I'm encouraged that the democrat v. republican line is slowly being erased. (Unless this is all just a strategy to win popularity.)

If I understood her correctly, her stance on abortion is that she would never personally have an abortion but she supports a woman's right to choose? If so, that warms my heart a bit.

T. R Xands said...

Ooa-ooa Meghan *invisible roof raising* I've heard before, I think, that she's pro-gay marriage...or at least more pro-equality than the republican party and some of the democratic *shakes head* I grow tired of this two-party system.

the queen'z here said...

now that's what i'm talking about
a sensible young and progressive republican...
who would of thunk it?

Anonymous said...

Woooo! Go her. I jumped for joy when she said she supports gay marriage and she finished it off with a cherry on top when she said that she believes what a woman does with her body is her choice. Awesome.

Merlyn said...

I am not Republican myself, but I do think that if people like Meghan Mc Cain can come to be a leading influence in the Repugs, I will at least be able to have some respect for them.

I'm in my mid-50s and it is so sad that so many of my age who are Republicans are so close-minded.

kmorrison said...

As a McCain supporter it's fun to see Meagan McCain show that same spark that her father has in a new and fresh way.

Post a Comment