In what is now being called Mormon Gate by Californians Against Hate, the LDS church finds itself embroilled in a new scandal every day over their social, and financial involvement in banning same-sex marriage in California.
All this may be the tip of the iceberg as new reports indicate the following people, and probably more to follow were allegedly reimbursed by the yes on 8 campaign.
- Lawrence Research (Gary Lawrence, Mormon pollster and Meridian contributor): $528,877.35
- Eagle Foundation (a Mormon PAC set up by Bart Marcois and David Parker): $135,912.76
- Glen Greener (former Salt Lake City Police Commissioner, Meridian contributor, and now a GOP operative and sometime Cali property developer): $50,236.42
- Sonja Brown (Protectmarriage.com communications director): $41,844.00
- Zion Multimedia Corp.: $2,000.00
- Rob Wirthlin: $768.18
H/T to Eric Ethington.