Sunday, November 9, 2008

Hospital Visitation Rights Petition

Janice Langbehn and Lisa Pond were ready to depart on a family cruise with their children when tragedy struck. Lisa collapsed and was rushed to a Miami hospital. At the hospital, Janice was told she was in an antigay state and kept from seeing her partner of 20 years. Lisa lay dying alone with her family just feet away in the next room.

We're suing the hospital on Janice's behalf. We're also calling on the next President of the United States to create a health care plan that ensures fair treatment for LGBT people and people with HIV in hospitals and health care settings.

Help Lambda Legal get 10,000 signatures on the petition!

Sign the petition for all the Janice's and Lisa's in the world!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can envision myself being arrested over something like this.

And I'd make damned sure I dedicated every ounce of my being to destroying any health professional who told me that. Destroy.

Queers United said...

I would be royally pissed and would make a big scene and get a protest going on in front of the hospital every day till politicians spoke up.

Kajivar said...

A friend of mine just lost her wife today. Fortunately, they live in Massachusetts, and she was able to be at her wife's side until the end. To deny someone that is inhumane and entirely un-christian, and it has to stop.

Queers United said...

Hajivar I am so sorry to hear about your friend, I am glad though that she spent her days with her partner. This laws gotta change nationwide.

Laurie said...

It shouldn't matter if it's an 'gay state'
or not.....It's a hospital.....Another reason
that I don't like those places....


HUGS!!!!!!!!!!!

Post a Comment