Sunday, October 5, 2008

Canadian Independent Federal Candidate - "Kill Gays"

David Popescu is running in the 2008 elections as an independent candidate as part of Canada's federal election. Popescu is well known for his radical christian point of view, and his strong opposition to homosexuality, abortion, and stem cell research.

In addressing high school students in Sudbury, Ontario Mr. Popescu has made some of the most radical comments ever suggesting gays deserve the death penalty

"A young man asked me what I think of homosexual marriages and I said I think homosexuals should be executed," he said. "My whole reason for running is the Bible and the Bible couldn't be more clear on that point." (Toronto Sun)
Police have begun an investigation and are alleging that this is a possible hate crime.

Mr. Popescu responded to the assertion that he will be under investigation by reiterating his point of view.
"I said I believe homosexuals should be executed . . . when I say homosexuals should be executed, I am speaking in terms of government actions. That is the way the Bible puts it."
I think it won't come as a surprise that gays and lesbians are not endorsing this candidate for office.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Coming up with a rebuttal to this (using scripture let alone common decency) is like shooting fish in a barrel. But it's not worth it. Hopefully someone presses charges or otherwise takes care of this abomonation - this man is clearly off his head and will foster unnecessary violence.

Queers United said...

these nuts are pretty wedded to their bibles, first marrying bibles, whats next marrying other books and even magazines? what is marriage coming to?

Scoots said...

Why are all the people who speak against gays look like they just climbed out of their coffin? This guy reminds me of Fred Phelps from the Westboro Baptist Church in Kansas

Laurie said...

What a nut case....I wonder how long it will
take for him to come out....


HUGS!!!!!!!!!!!

D. said...

LOL what laurie said

seriously.. wtf is up with this guy? someone should take him out :D

Diane J Standiford said...

Judge, jury, and killer, what a guy. These types are usually closeted.

Diane J Standiford said...
This comment has been removed by the author.

Post a Comment