Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Activist Tip: Write an Editorial In Favor of LGBT Rights

Submit an editorial to your local newspaper or magazine, perhaps you go to a high school or college and can write a piece for the weekly paper? Stand up for LGBT issues and let others know why you support them. You can write about anything, a gay show, a transgender friend, your coming out story, LGBT political or social issues, it's your editorial and it is your call. Not every piece will get accepted and editors do get many requests but don't let that dissuade you, keep trying to get your opinion heard. Someone will read it, and it will make a difference!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Submit your editorial in an envelope, but decorate the envelope. Just go into "I'm five years old!" mode and go crazy with crayons and glitter.

That should catch the editor's attention. It's an old tip but it does work.

PS. There's a bug with your commenting thing. Everytime I comment, it'll go "Your request could not be processed. Please try again." But I'll comment again and it'll post fine.

Scot said...

I've never tried a glittery envelope but I actually get a lot of them printed even when sent in by email.

It seems if I stay around 150 words, I have a better chance, even though our local paper sets the limit at 200. That means cutting out some of my great points ;-), but it's better than nothing.

Queers United said...

preset - i like that idea about the envelopes, very cool. not sure why you are having an issue commenting, is anyone else?

Bill Graber said...

yep I did earlier today

Post a Comment