Wednesday, September 17, 2008

No On Prop 8 Needs Fundraising Help!


Urgent: Marriage equality supporters in California lag in fundraising. "According to the most recent campaign contribution reports from the California Secretary of State, supporters of the anti-gay marriage November ballot measure have raised $16.2 million in their effort to pass Proposition 8. Opponents have brought in $10.8 million, which is still a sizable chunk of money. But Dale Kelly Bankhead, who signed the email as campaign manager of 'No On 8,' writes, 'We must match what is raised dollar for dollar with the right wing; if we do not, we are at serious risk of losing this November.'" No on Prop 8. (Via Wicked Gay Blog)

3 comments:

WickedGayBlog.com said...

Thanks for posting! I just found out Brad Pitt donated 100,000 for our side to fight Prop 8, I thought that is so wonderful!

Dave, WickedGayBlog

Laurie said...

WOO HOO! I just heard about Brad Pitt too!
I wish I lived there so I could help out.

Here's wishing the best to same-sex marriages!
May they ALWAYS be!

HUGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

YES! Bring on support!!! Stop Prop 8! I heard about Brad's donation this morning, and am hoping they carry this one all the way through to success!

Post a Comment