Sunday, August 17, 2008

Volunteer With California's Vote No on Prop 8

Throughout the state there are numerous ways to help volunteer to defeat the upcoming marriage amendment that would take away the right of same-sex couples to marry. There are opportunities to help with phone banking, recruiting, and data entry for the No On Prop 8 Campaign. Please see the locations, schedule and contact info below...

Long Beach Events


Call (202) 577.3139 to RSVP for a volunteer shift in Long Beach.

Weekly NO on 8, Equality For All Volunteer Schedules

LONG BEACH

* Tuesdays 6:00-9:00pm Voter Recruitment Phone Banks

* Thursdays 6:00-9:00pm Voter Recruitment Phone Banks

* Sundays 5:00-8:00pm Voter ID Phone Banks

Los Angeles Events

Weekly NO on 8, Equality For All Volunteer Schedules

HOLLYWOOD
Call (323) 646.6958 to RSVP for volunteer shifts in Hollywood.

* Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays 6:30-9:30pm Volunteer Recruitment Phone Banks

* Tuesdays 5:30-8:30pm Gym Recruiting in West Hollywood

* Wednesdays 5-8:30pm Bingo Night Recruiting in West Hollywood

* Thursdays 9pm-12am Bar/Club Street Recruiting in West Hollywood

* Fridays 5:30-8:30pm Gym Recruiting in West Hollywood

* Saturday 10am-2pm Voter ID Phone Bank; 2:30-6:30pm Volunteer Recruitment Phone Bank

* Sundays 9:30am-12pm In-Person Volunteer Recruiting in Hollywood; 11am-1:30pm Recruiting at Faith Services; 4-8pm Volunteer Recruitment Phone Bank

Silverlake

Call (202) 329.8136 to RSVP for volunteer shifts in Silverlake.

* Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays 6:30-9:30pm Volunteer Recruitment Phone Banks

* Thursdays 10:30am-1pm In-Person Volunteer Recruiting in Downtown LA

* Every 1st/3rd Thursday 4:30-7PM In-Person Volunteer Recruiting in South Pasadena

* Saturdays 10AM-2PM Voter ID Bank; 2:30-6:30PM Volunteer Recruitment Phone Bank

* Sundays 9:30AM-12:30PM Recruiting at Faith Services; 4-8PM Volunteer Recruitment Phone Bank



San Diego Events

Call (619) 379-8585 to RSVP for a volunteer shift in San Diego.

Weekly NO on 8, Equality For All Volunteer Schedules

San Diego

* Tuesdays 6-9pm Phone Banks; ''Grocery Gurus'' In-Person Volunteer Recruitment 4-7pm; ''Gym Team'' In-Person Volunteer Recruitment 7-9am & 4-6pm

* Wednesdays 6-9pm Phone Banks; ''Grocery Gurus'' In-Person Volunteer Recruitment 4-7pm; ''Gym Team'' In-Person Volunteer Recruitment 7-9am & 4-6pm

* Thursdays 6-9pm Phone Banks; ''Grocery Gurus'' In-Person Volunteer Recruitment 4-7pm; ''Gym Team'' In-Person Volunteer Recruitment 7-9am & 4-6pm

* Fridays ''Grocery Gurus'' In-Person Volunteer Recruitment 4-7pm; ''Gym Team'' In-Person Volunteer Recruitment 7-9am & 4-6pm; Volunteer Appreciation Open House at Campaign HQ's 6-8pm

* Saturdays ''Club Crew'' In Person Volunteer Recruitment 9pm to 11:30pm; Phone Bank 10am to 2pm

* Sundays ''Brunch Bunch'' In-Person Volunteer Recruitment 10am-2pm; Faith for Fairness Outreach 9am to 12noon; Phone Bank 1pm to 4pm

* Data Entry: Every Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday 11am-5pm per your schedule.


San Francisco Events

Call (530) 329.3501 to RSVP for a volunteer shift in San Francisco.

Weekly NO on 8, Equality For All Volunteer Schedules

SAN FRANCISCO

* Tuesdays 6:30-9:30pm Phone Banks; In-Person Volunteer Recruitment 6-9pm

* Wednesdays 6:30-9:30pm Phone Banks

* Thursdays 6:30-9:30pm Phone Banks; In-Person Volunteer Recruitment 7-10am

* Saturdays 10am-2pm Phone Banks

* Sundays 5-9pm Phone Banks; In-Person Volunteer Recruitment 11am-2pm & 3-6pm

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Where can I get a No On Prop 8 sign to put up at my house? I'm in 92075 zip code.

Anonymous said...

Leon, as of Saturday, August 23, I believe the yard signs were in but weren't being distributed yet. I know they do have bumper stickers available now. This is at the No On 8 office at 3rd and University in Hillcrest. Their number is (619)379-8585.

Anonymous said...

I live in Sant Rosa CA and yesterday a "Barbie" looking woman was passing out flyers for Yes on 8. The flyer said 61 percent of the voters said yes to marriage as a man and woman. 4 San Francisco based judges said "no." Where are the flyers and No on 8 flyers and media attention?

Anonymous said...

Hi you could call 916-446-2956 for help

Anonymous said...

I would love to post some NO on Prop 8 signs at my business and home.....where can I pick some up??

Unknown said...

Love it!

Unknown said...

FYI here is where you can purchase No on 8 yard signs and more... http://www.noonprop8store.com/

Anonymous said...

I would love to post some in my community but I do not have any money

I would love just 1 yard sign if someone could do the two for 14 deal and send me one I would gladly post it because I see a lot of people with yes on prop 8 and it is so upsetting

I want to post my opinion too

NO ON PROP 8!

Anonymous said...

I am the one that just posted anonymous

my email is cleanrx@yahoo.com

Anonymous said...

Where would I be able to get No On Prop 8 sighnes in the 95205 zip code?
EVERYONE on my street has a vote no on prop 8 sign and I would like to have a sign against it.
Please respond or eMail me at animal_rightz@yahoo.com

Anonymous said...

Is there a no on 8 flyer posted somewhere that I can print out? I just a "yes on 8" flyer on my doorstep. I want to do the same and put "no on 8" flyers on my neighbors door step.

Queers United said...

Anonymous you can print out a free no on 8 flyer here
http://www.netdeco.com/defend_equality_poster.pdf

Unknown said...

OK - are there any people wanting to rally in North County against PROP 8? I witnessed a horrid scene today at the corner of El Camino Real and Leucadia Blvd. Many people were out there with children drumming up support for Prop 8. I am willing to do the same against prop 8.
Geesh! The saddest part is I don't see parents gathering their children out there supporting yes to 2 to protect the rights of animals or for 6 and 10 to support initiatives for cleaning up the environment! It's shameful to see them brainwashing children into thinking homosexuality is wrong. Making their children think this way will take acceptance of gay people back 20 years. I won't tolerate this as a straight but not narrow person!
Write me if anyone up here in North County is planning or wants to plan an event.
ellyn@ellynism.com

Anonymous said...

Ellyn: According to the Vote No on Prop 8 Myspace page there is a rally tomorrow at 5pm on the corner of Harbor and Orangethorpe in Fullerton (near the In & Out). Hope this helps.

Post a Comment